View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #16
Moshpit
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Habs had eight picks in the first 44. We tried to trade for a roster player, but it didn't work out. Instead, we made a deal with Cheese to move up to 6. Steep price of 15, 20, 40 & 44, but we didnt have much room in echl, and we wanted to get a player we really liked.

5. Miro Heiskanen (3) +2
6. Cody Glass (6) -
30. Connor Timmons (32) -2
34. Morgan Frost (27) +7
36. Urho Vaakanainen (18) +18
78. Traded for 2018 3rd
87. Zack Gallant (83)

Overall, we are happy with the draft. We either were taking Makar or Heiskanen at 5. With Makar gone, it was the Finn.

At 6, it was between Mittelstadt or Glass. Everything we read had the American all over the board- high as 4, low as 12 and many different opinions. Glass was the riser all season and had more of a consistent review from scouts.

30, 34 & 36 we took the wait and see approach and didn't target anyone. We had a few on our list like Robertson & Chytil who went, but we happened to get Frost and Vaakanainen- who went in the 1st round and Timmins- who went 1st in the 2nd round.

Zack Gallant was my shot in the dark. I didn't prepare at this part of the draft, and just went with a list and took best available. However, after the draft I learned he has ties to NL- which is great and will be fun to follow.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Moshpit; 06-25-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Moshpit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moshpit For This Useful Post: