View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #19
Stampede2TheCup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
There are two main companies that have the low airfare, Ryan Air and EasyJet if memory serve me correct. I have used both and would go with EasyJet every day of the week as it was marginally nicer. That being said the companies make their money on charging you for everything they can and the airports they fly to are the ones that are not the main hubs as the landing fees are lower... this means be prepared to be half an hour outside of the city you are flying to.
Yes, and just a couple more things to add. There are other options because bigger airlines like the national ones also have pretty good fares often comparable to the discount ones because it's more competetive there. The big thing to watch out for with all of them is baggage allowances because their allowances for free luggage will be much smaller than what you can bring on your international flight and charges to take more luggage on the discount airlines can basically nullify the low price of the discount flight. I'd always set my laptop on the floor where they couldn't see it while they weighed my bag to help get by but that didn't work 100% of the time. Also, with Ryan Air you need to print out a boarding pass shortly before your flight. They charge 40 euros or something if get stuck without a way to print it at a hotel or Internet cafe.

Besides the cruise which was mentioned you might enjoy a tour like Contiki or something. It's not sitting on a beach at one resort but you'd have accommodations and fun plans worked out an you'd be able to party with other fun people for a reasonable price at local bars.
Stampede2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote