View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

To me all inclusive doesn't capture the essence of the reason why you would visit any of these places. If you go to Europe, Egypt or Cyprus (all places I have been), the last thing you want to do is sit in a resort for 2 weeks, eat hotel food and drink your ass off until you pass out. I'm not sure if they do any of that in those places to be quite honest, but even if they do, I would be totally against it.

My brother has been to Turkey, not Antalya, but Istanbul, Izmir and Marmaris. He had an incredible time, but he went with a Turkish friend that knew all the ins and outs of the area.

I went on a European trip almost exactly last year. Germany, Austria and Czech republic to be precise. Also had an amazing time. The year before that I went to Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan and had one of the best trips of my life.

Again, ditch the all inclusive idea. Go somewhere that interests you, stay in a hotel that you can afford, eat what the locals eat and try to make friends. Go out to the bars in the area and again, meet the locals.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote