View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #71
shane_c
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Found the link for the Plex app but it didn’t go so well.

I installed the app on my PC and then when it when the install was done it launched Plex Media. There was some status bar saying it could take a few moments and that it was loading media or something like that (there was also a skip button). I waited a few minutes and then the computer froze. I had to manually power down because ctrl-alt-del wouldn’t work. So I turned the computer back on and it loaded up in the screen where it asks if I wanted to start in safe mode or normally. It counted down from 30 to 29 and then froze. Another manual power down and this time I hit enter the second the screen popped up. I got the computer to load up, although slower than usual, and launched Plex Media and hit ‘skip’ this time. I was able to go in and browse some channels and added a few. There seems to be a good selection to choose from. Then it completely froze on me again so I had to manually power down. Started the computer again and went back into Plex Media clicked on My Channels – Add channel and the computer automatically restarted and then froze again on the safe screen. *sigh* Had to manually power down AGAIN and then tried to restart 4 times with no success. Each time I turned the computer on the CPU would come on but the monitor and keyboard would be dead. On the 5th attempt at a restart it worked so I went in and uninstalled Plex Media.

Depending on my patience levels at the end of the day I may try to install it again or just give up.

Update: I was able to get plex installed and working on my PC. I had to update my Adobe Flash.

Last edited by shane_c; 05-25-2013 at 04:06 AM.
shane_c is offline   Reply With Quote