View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:35 AM   #18
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
unfortunately parents don't have to be certified when they put their kids into sports.

I know there's online things they're supposed to take but that's pretty voluntary.

I would love to have it at the start of each season that each team is responsible for running a seminar for parents of players, You could bring in the coaches and refs so they can get their perspective in terms of being verbally abused or threatened.

If as a parent you don't want to participate then your kid can't play. Its suppossed to be a whole team thing right? Parents/Players/Coaches.
Hockey Canada has the "Respect in Sport", which is mandatory I think, but I only seem to recall doing it once years ago.

It is interesting, my boy plays Lacrosse and there is a 0 tolerance for ref abuse. I have seen refs stop play and turn to the stands and point to a parent kicking them out. To be honest if was ####ing brilliant. He literally said to the parent that we will all stand here and watch you until you leave, nobody will play lacrosse while you are in this arena. My understanding is it has increased this coming season to include coaches at PeeWee and above. Any questions must go through your A's and C's, which I don't agree with.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote