View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #11
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

As a coach, sometimes the hardest job is dealing with adults. Its the same in every sports. The plus of coaching youth sports is working with the kids, seeing them develop or change in the short year or two that you have them, then tracking how they do after that.

sometimes dealing with the parents is a major headache. Yes the parents in the stands are bad enough at times, the things they shout at the opposing team are on the verge of disturbing.

But its also incredibly tough dealing with the parents of your own players. You can tell a parent that your blue in the face, that little Johnny doesn't work hard in practice, or is disruptive, or doesn't put in the time to study the playbook, and it all comes back to Coach its your fault that little Johnny isn't a starter, because I think he's way better then the starter.

And I will say that Dad's are just plain worse then moms and that surprises me, because for the most part the Dad's have been through this kind of sports ringer before and should get it. But they don't because Dad's think they're sons are going to go onto the pro's.

I also think that the one thing that really shouldn't be allowed after Peewee age groups is allowing dads to coach their kids. When that hockey or football becomes really competitive and that gap in athleticism starts to close, Dad's cannot coach their kids with a clear eye. I've also seen too many coaches who's commitment to coach in a program ends the day his kid graduates or quits.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote