View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #14
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

If he's cleared and comes back at 100% then the Flames are in trouble...in a good way though. Having too many NHL defensemen isn't a bad problem to have but you'd hate to have respectable players in the press box every night or to have prospects ready to take the next step being stuck in the minors because there isn't room for them. I think whoever has the best chemistry with Hamilton will get the gig. Wideman and Russell are a lock together and Gio and Brodie are likely a lock together but if Gio has great chemistry with Hamilton, I think Brodie will play with Engelland and Smid will be the odd man out. If Hamilton and Brodie have great chemistry, I think Gio will likely play with Smid. If a rookie steps up and forces his way on the team, I think it'll be even more confusing.

I'd love to have Smid on this team at 100% but I'd also like Engelland or someone like Morrison or Nakladal or another rookie on the team too. All this really means is there is even more competition to make a pretty stacked back end on the Flames and if management is forced to make a deal, it'll likely benefit the Flames a lot too.