View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #110
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Following the law and being a good neighbour are not necessarily the same thing.

Why don't you just talk to your neighbour before you do it? Maybe he loves aluminum fences as well and you'll save yourself 50%.

BTW, do you have a pic of an aluminum fence? I've seen vinyl fences and kind of like them because they won't rot like wood fences, but they're pricey as well.
You know what makes for good neighbors? Good fences.

I currently have no neighbors as the houses on either side of me are not completed. If I had neighbors then I might ask if they'd like to share the cost of the fencing on their side of the property. Then if they were game we'd split the cost on the fence that runs along their property (not sure why a neighbor would foot half the bill on a fence that goes all along my property and across the back of the alley). If the neighbor wasn't game then since the fence would be built on my property there would be no issue as long as they didn't attach their fence to mine or paint/mark/w.h.y. the side that faces their yard.

Regal Aluminium products makes fences and that is the brand I have chosen. Their website isn't very good but they have their products at Totem with examples. I'm going with textured yard bronze.