View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #47
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm in this boat now. I'm in need of a new phone. I'm on a 3gs currently. Screen is cracked, but phone is still very usable. My contract is ending. I plan on purchasing an unlocked phone because I hate contracts and I use my phone in the US. The roaming costs me a fortune. I do have a pay as you go phone from Verizon, but that's for the kids. I'd prefer to just swap sim cards. Also, I don't plan to get a dataplan. I work from home and can use wifi if I choose to surf on a phone

I use my phone for:
- talking
- texting
- gps apps for running
- music
- taking pictures (My wife has a good slr. This is for the spur of the moment things, like when my kid is doing something goofy or like today at Safeway when we went outside and saw a firetruck. My kid loves firetrucks, so we stopped to look at it. The driver got out to say "Hi", and he put a fire hat on my kid and let him sit in the front seat. Awesome, and worth a picture)

- if I'm in a wifi zone, like at my cabin, starbucks, etc, I will check email, facebook, and twitter

so I'm choosing between the s3 and iphone 5. I try to read these forums and they're ridiculous with all of the fighting in the sandbox about who's toy is better than the other's.

Can anyone recommend any good non-biased reading regarding these two phones?

Last edited by bossy22; 10-09-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: didn't want to insult the mentally challenged
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote