View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #97
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Sorry Vlad, I just hate this perception we've created of him where we're not in the room or on the bench but as fans we think we know exactly what the shortcomings in his room presence are.

Comments about his hair, where he looks after a goal, etc... we as fans just come off as those old women you see in movies that make up rumours about their neighbor because they overheard them say something out of context.

The fact is, we DON'T know he isn't a "leader of men" and we look downright idiotic when we push that narrative.
Perception matters. I agree with Vlad in that I certainly didn't like him to start, although I've warmed up to him. For the first half of the season it seemed to me he projected no signs of actually caring. That could be seen as being cool-as-a-cucumber like Kiprusoff, but it can also be seen as being arrogant or out of touch.

It may not be the right thing to think of GG because of how he rubs some people the wrong way, and it may even seem immature, but its real and GG will have to work on his public persona if he wants to last past next season.

I'm all for bringing him back and I think he'll improve next season, not just in how he coaches but how he presents himself.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote