View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 12:51 AM   #149
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Well scratched or noisy records are usually cheap. I'm talking about records without worn covers, without ring wear, without torn inner sleeves, etc. Most people did not take as good care of them as you. It's the cover condition that is rare to be found in good shape. If the record doesn't skip and isn't scratchy, Recordland usually puts it out for $10 - $15 minimum even for no name ones. Led Zep, Pink Floyd, etc. are in the $25-30 range. Heck, I bought Def Leppard - Hysteria for $30 from them last year.
What I don't understand is why vinyl has made the comeback as it has. I thought it was dead and buried when I was able to get what I did for my collection. And those prices in the 25-30 dollar range are insane!

I'd love to have my records back only to sell them for a greater profit but truth be told I don't miss playing them or the sound it produced. I'd like to think I have a good ear for music but i'm beginning to think I must be missing something in the sound. Maybe you or some else can educate me on the subject

Last edited by Dion; 11-24-2016 at 12:53 AM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote