View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #55
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Haha I though it was funny when I read back through the thread after bumping it. I didn't realize I had posted in it before.

Yeah I have no problem with hunting or eating meat in general. I just can't stand the way we are farming them. It doesn't need to be a love-in with their own private residence or something, but some semblance of humanity would be nice.

We just way over consume this stuff. I feel the same way about clothes and am trying to get out of the sweat-shop stuff too, but it's really hard to avoid, especially with the price difference. It's really just sad. I did a full purge of clothes on the weekend. I have 5 garbage bags full of clothes I never wear that I am donating. Pretty disgusted at how much unnecessary clothing I had.

That is all fine and well, but that's just scratching the surface. Our entire western lifestyle of luxury is only made possible by sweatshops on the other side of the world. Clothing, furniture, electronics, you name it; all our "stuff" is mass produced cheaply across the ocean.

You really need to make a concerted effort if you want to make a difference, and quite frankly, that's cost prohibitive for most people, or just impossible. Is it even possible to buy a smartphone produced in North America?

It's a sad reality that our luxurious lifestyles are made possible by the horrible working and living conditions of millions of people elsewhere.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote