View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #46
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzles View Post
Veganomicon is a great cookery book. Vegetarian is very, very easy as you will include eggs, cheese, milk etc. Vegan is much the better way to live. Our diet is very balanced, clean and fresh. Just so you know tofu doesn't have any flavour but it DOES absorb fully all the flavours you add to the dish. Isa Chandra Moskowitz has a recipe online for the BEST tofu scramble. Full of protein too. You should try Hearts Choices on Macleod Trail (by Southland Drive). It is a Thai restaurant and has an enormous range of faux meats. Gardein products are amazing too. My husband, in his late 50's, has been vegan for 4 years now and looks and feels fantastic (in my opinion!!).

Good luck. PM me if you have any questions.
Yeah, I know tofu doesn't have a taste officially, but I'm not a fan of the combination of meat flavor and the consistency of tofu. Like eating chicken pudding. I don't mind tofu for a dessert-type thing as it's more like a custard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
We buy our meat from ethical sources that we know the animals are being treated well. Is your moral issue that they're being treated badly and living horrible lives (ie. farmed and mass produced), or is it that they're being raised for the sole purpose of being eaten?

As long as the animals have good lives and are free to roam and are fed well etc., that's what we care about. We buy our meat directly from the farmers around Calgary.

Just wanted to share that thought. If you are opposed to raising animals for slaughter period, then obviously that doesn't work for you.
Yeah it's the horrible lives thing. I can't enjoy bacon/pork, chicken or beef anymore. Red meat isn't much of a concern, as noted above, we eat wild meat which is largely venison, elk, moose, etc... What's the cost of ethical chicken and/or pork vs not. I'm likely fine with the increase. Do you go directly to the farm or are there places that sell it in town (farmers market, I guess? Which ones?). Don't really eat much pork as is, but chicken is a pretty big staple. I would assume the eggs from such a place would be fine as well?