View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 06:22 PM   #13
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm in, never done one of these before, so I'll apologize in advance for any stupid questions. So how does this work? Or are rules coming later? Sorry. newb.
No worries. It's pretty easy to quickly pick up. I take the first 17 people to respond that they'd like to play, and put their name into the list at the top. I then put that list into a random list generator to spit back at me a randomly mixed up version of that list for picking.

I start at the top of that list and everyone picks one person. The only rule there is that you can't pick someone who's already been picked. Once we get to the bottom of the list (so all 18 CP players have picked one of the 18 Survivor Contestants) we go back UP the list from the bottom, so that the player on the bottom gets the 'last' pick in the first round, but the first pick in the second. As the Survivors are eliminated, so are the CP Players. Each CP Player will get 2 Survivors, so we end up with 2 CP winners splitting a virtual million bucks and bragging rights for the Season.

I will usually give a person 24 hours to make their pick before they drop to the bottom. I'm not generally TOO draconian about the 24 hour pick rule, though because I've had to wait a bit of time to start this round, I may be more so this time around. I base the "24 hour" time period off the post of the previous picker. So if I pick at 12 noon on the first, and you picked after me, you'd have to have your pick posted by 12 noon on the second. Since I don't live on the computer, it's generally 24 hours + the next time I check the thread. To further the previous example, if you miss your noon deadline, but get your pick at 1pm and I log on and check the thread at 2pm, I'll still count it. If I log on and don't see a pick from you, then you miss your pick slot and drop to the bottom of the list. (FYI, I hate dropping players, please don't miss your pick!)

I PM everyone that the picking has started, and ask the players to keep an eye on both this thread and their inbox. I ask that whoever makes their pick PM's the next person on the list so that they know they are up.

If you know that you aren't going to be around to make your pick on time, you can PM me an ordered list of who you'd like picked, and I can place your pick for you based on that list and who remains to be picked. I do not release this list publicly so that your strategy/picks remain somewhat secret.

This is a for-fun, low pressure thing to give us all a little something extra to cheer for. I like to keep it pretty simple and fun. The thread, usually after picking, turns into the "Survivor discussion thread" while the series is ongoing. If you haven't seen the weeks episode yet, I highly advise avoiding this thread as there is usually "up to the minute" updates as soon as the earliest CP member finishes watching (which is totally cool).

Any questions I am happy to deal with. Any disputes I will almost always deal with. If there's a huge "thing" that comes up, I'd put it to the other players for thoughts.

If you'd like some examples, check out a couple of the other Survivor threads I've started. They illustrate quite nicely how this version of CP's Survivor Pool is run/runs.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 01-17-2016 at 06:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post: