View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 07:03 AM   #796
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Well it's not much of a different season? 6th place in the PL with their lowest wins total...maybe since the PL began. Last year it was the FA Cup that you won and this year Europa. I would say that is close to a wash, although you do get the CL qualification. So the difference appears to be the League Cup. I'm not sure that is something to get too excited about, but I guess it's winning a trophy which isn't a bad thing of course.
For me, there was a difference, yes. There were too many draws and the forwards squandered too many chances, but in terms of on-field quality, it was a much better season for sure. There's a lot of things to build on and with a solid defense in place, I have no doubts that next year will be a lot better.

Plus Europa League >>> FA Cup. And yeah, "winning a trophy isn't a bad thing". You guys should try it some time

Quote:
And yeah, the Zlatan transfer worked out incredibly well. Pogba though...I don't know. For the amount of money he cost he wasn't that good?
it's tough to really assess the transfer fairly because many people will never look past the outrageous price tag. But in terms of pure football, he's had a solid year and United are a far better team when he's doing well. And he was unlucky, too - according to the Telegraph, he hit woodwork 9 times this season. He'll be even better next year.

Quote:
And of course this is a pure hypothetical given that they won, but if they had lost yesterday it's probably a worse season than the year before with LVG, despite splashing however many hundred million around.
yeah that's fair. No doubt the success of the whole season hinged on yesterday, and Mourinhos focus on EL and disregard of PL in the final months would have backfired in case of a loss. It was a good gamble though in the end and personally the EL win gives me a lot more pleasure than finishing 4th.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: