View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 11:01 AM   #26
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I think a lot of posters are jumping the team's plan by a year or two because they see a lot of potential and want to see that realized at the NHL level. That's a good thing as it means we have goalies knocking at the door.

But to me, Brad's plan has been laid out pretty clearly if you follow his moves and interviews.

-Always over ripen prospects as opposed to throwing them into the fire
-Gillies/Rittich have looked great but need to more seasoning
-We brought Mike Smith in partly due to his contract length to transition to internal options
-Always talking about acquiring an NHL back up as part of his off season plans this off season

To me, an NHL back up this season is almost an absolute, while getting a prospect some starts this season in the NHL will be done if one dominates at the AHL level.

Then next season if one has dominated at a lower level and pushed for enough starts in the NHL to warrant confidence then they put him in back up full time and start to put some serious stock/thought into replacing Mike Smith as a starter either late that season or next season when his contract is done.

Goalies are too flakey and the AHL to the NHL is too big of a jump for what you guys want the GM to commit to this season when he's sitting on two goaltending strikes.

Last edited by jayswin; 06-25-2017 at 11:04 AM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: