View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #85
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I personally think Yallop is a good manager and the Canadian job is pretty low profile/pay, so I'm not hugely disappointed though certainly a retread isn't ideal.

I think this next cycle will be a tough ask for the Reds no matter who is at the helm but in 6 years we will be a favorite to qualify, with 3 pro academies in the country and a huge selection pool teams like Jamaica and Trinidad are going to be in the rear view mirror very quickly.

Also Rennie needs to go yesterday, he is just a terrible manager. Poor tactician and player manager along with the nepotism he has demonstrated towards former Railhawks and Scottish players has taken a team that was right in the mix a couple steps backwards.

It's a real shame what has happened in Vancouver. 5 or 6 years ago they looked like they would have their own first class stadium and academy and really be at the forefront of developing MNT players. Flash forward a few years and they are a mediocre team with one Canadian who plays for them, irregularly, playing in a huge concrete football stadium with astroturf and basically renovating a couple fields at UBC to be their home base.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote