View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 06:46 AM   #1894
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I've been a Spurs supporter for over 30 years now and I've never been more proud of my club.

I've grown used to being Spursy - it sucks to always assume you'll blow it and i've always been honest with myself when tottenham have done just that.

I don't believe this season was a bottle job.
  • In a season when Sky said it was Arsenal, Chelsea, Pep and Jose's title to win - here we are pushing Chelsea into May, but we're the bottlers?
  • We never led the league once this year - this isn't the same as when Liverpool let it slip.
  • We had European football to deal with - Chelsea haven't
  • This is the second year in a row of incredible standing in the EPL
  • All things considered our bench is weak and we've dealt amazingly well to injuries to key players. Toby, Kane and losing Lamela basically all season.
  • We've done it on a net spend of $15m and reasonable wages (by football standards.
I don't recall Sky having Arsenal, Pep or Jose as favourites ahead of Spurs.

Wasn't this supposed to be Spurs year ... again? The two Manchester teams and Chelsea under new managers, Arsenal in decline.

Wasn't this the year when Poch solidified his team, when it would all come together? It always seems to be next year.

What happens next year? Oh we didn't win it because we are at Wembley? The year after? Have to get used to the new WHL? After that? We're still paying the stadium off?

I said it before but the difference between Spurs and Arsenal fans is that Spurs fans appear to be content with failure, it's acceptable. Arsenal are not.

What are the expectations? Top 4 and that's a success? How long do you give Poch without delivering something or is it a Wenger job that as long as he generates CL revenue his job is safe?

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote