View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #467
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Okay, I know that you don't like guns and England is awesome but this is where you're completely wrong and with out a doubt being ignorant to the fact that they follow the same standards at gun shows as they do in their own gun store.

How do do I know? well the last firearm I purchased was a 1911a1 and it was at a gun show. They had all the same paperwork that you had to fill out and they also still had to call the NCIS to make sure that you're legal to purchase a firearm. In fact I remember a guy flipping out because he wasn't able to purchase a firearm because of he had a run in with the law for domestic abuse.

This isn't a personal swipe at you, it's that I hear that crap from the anti-gun crowd and it's tiresome when they say crap like that. It's like the idiots that scream to the world that Obama is Muslim.
This only applies to dealers, if on the other hand you are not a dealer, basically if you say you arn't (and don't have a shop) then you do not have to apply any of that, you have to see ID and, if challanged by the atf you have to say you don't believe the person is a criminal.
it is pretty well unregulated

I have some friends up here who hunt that have been quite candid that they have bought guns in the states to leave at a buddys house down there as it is less hassle than trying to take a gun across the line.

From ABC News

By DAVID MUIR (@DavidMuir) and CARMEN PEREZ
April 17, 2010

It has been three years since Omar Samaha last saw his sister Reema alive. Reema was one of 32 victims whose life was taken in the tragic shootings at Virginia Tech University. This weekend marks the third anniversary.
Images of Reema dancing the weekend before the attacks are still fresh in her family's mind.
"It's nothing you really get over," family member Nina Samaha-Reiten said.
And three years later, Reema's family is also not over the fight; the fight to close what many consider a glaring loophole in Virginia's gun laws.
It is called the gun show "loophole" and as it exists, anyone can buy a gun from a private dealer without a background check.

And early this week, just one day before the third anniversary, three Virginia congressmen, urged their colleagues to reconsider closing the loophole.
Democrats Jim Moran, Bobby Scott and Gerald Conolly sent a letter to members of the House of Representatives asking them to support a bill requiring private sellers to perform background checks on buyers at gun shows.

One year ago ABC News followed Reema's brother Omar to a gun show in Richmond, Va. Within a few minutes of arriving, Omar was able to purchase a glock handgun, the same make of gun used to kill at Virginia Tech.
After one hour at the show, Omar walked away with a handful of guns, all purchased without one single background check.
Watching the entire transaction was former ATF agent Jerry Nunziato.
"There was nothing illegal about their transactions," Nunziato said.
In spite of the congressmen's recent appeal, three years later, those transactions are still perfectly legal. Many gun rights advocates say it should stay that way.
Last May a bill introduced to end the loophole has yet to be heard by committee or brought up for debate.
For Reema Samaha's family the fight continues.

Last edited by afc wimbledon; 04-15-2012 at 09:27 PM.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote