View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #465
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
States allow 'gunshows' where there is minimal checking of any one, have state ID and you can buy a gun, there is no database or the like and it is all legal and above board.

Its actually a pretty good way to get a gun if you are a canadian as well, just hang around a stall making appropriate noises about damned facist canadian goverment won't let me defend myself from (insert appropriate racial invective, depending on the race of the seller) and there is a good chance he/she will overlook your canadian license for a hefty increase in the price, gun shows and private sales are virtually unregulated.

Okay, I know that you don't like guns and England is awesome but this is where you're completely wrong and with out a doubt being ignorant to the fact that they follow the same standards at gun shows as they do in their own gun store.

How do do I know? well the last firearm I purchased was a 1911a1 and it was at a gun show. They had all the same paperwork that you had to fill out and they also still had to call the NCIS to make sure that you're legal to purchase a firearm. In fact I remember a guy flipping out because he wasn't able to purchase a firearm because of he had a run in with the law for domestic abuse.

This isn't a personal swipe at you, it's that I hear that crap from the anti-gun crowd and it's tiresome when they say crap like that. It's like the idiots that scream to the world that Obama is Muslim.