View Single Post
Old 08-04-2023, 10:24 AM   #34
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Ever find yourself browsing through Netflix or Crave and can't "find anything good?"

To be honest I think streaming services have watered down films. People are just pumping films out now to meet the constant rotation on these services, it stands to reason Hollywood is just opening the floodgates to even mediocre writers, directors and actors. Seems like meeting quotas more than anything these days.

I'm dating myself, but I miss the days of having a big movie being hyped for theatrical release. It was an event in an of itself, and you came out of those films with genuine contemplation for the story, acting, direction, etc.

I think many of us are just desensitized to a hyper-media world we can pull from in 2 seconds at our instant convenience.
I agree with this. I have to say, going to Barbie did give me the "event" feeling that I hadn't felt since, to the OPs point, The Dark Knight. Infinity War/Endgame sort of gave me that feeling, but it did also feel like that was exclusive amongst the people who actually followed all of the series. I went to Barbie and everyone was wearing pink and you could feel the excitement around it. And, to be honest, I haven't laughed that consistently in a movie for a long time. I really enjoyed it. It was a unique movie.