View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #75
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Yeah, it's easy to withdraw cash at any konbini (or, convenience store). Mostly all machines have English GUIs. 7-11, Lawsons, Family Mart... they are everywhere and all have cash readily and easily available.
My buddy said certain cards were easier than others to grab cash. I don't know personally because I just brought cash and I never bothered to waste time figuring out how to grab cash at a convenience store. But after experiences of wasting up to half a day figuring out money issues due to travelers cheques and withdrawal etc. I just don't bother anymore in wasting time to figure these things out. Cash is easest IMO in foreign countries.

And again, Japan is ridiculously safe. If you keep some form of ID and/or your itinerary with your cash, even if you did super dumb like drop it in the middle of the street, the odds are probably higher someone returns it to you within a few days rather than someone stealing it. The wheel from my luggage fell off and some guy on a bike chased me down a block from where the wheel came off and returned it to me.

My friend said if you go clubbing, you'll see people leave valuables out in the open all the time. No one is really worried about theft.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote