View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #70
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
The wife and I are heading out to Japan for 2 and a half weeks in 10 days.

We are doing Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, and the Ryukyu Islands. My wife is much more organized than me and has things planned for most of the trip but I’ve been tasked with finding things to do in Kyoto.

We are there for 3 days and 2 nights – any recommendations CP? Right now, I’ve got the Bamboo Forest but no much else…

Thanks!
If there's only one thing you do in Kyoto it would have to be visiting Daigoji Temple. Easy public bus ride, 15 min from the city centre. Plan to spend 4-5 hours there or more, just walk the paths and prepare to be amazed.

Walking to Gion is very over-hyped and overrated. Millions of tourists from China make it unbearable.

Try to include Kamakura in your travel, even if for one day only.

If you didn't do it yet, get a 2-week Japan Rail Pass. It's for tourists only and you CAN'T buy it in Japan. It will save you hundreds of dollars.

Get a Suica card at Narita airport and put $500 on it. You will need it everywhere to pay for everything. It's like an electronic wallet.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainYooh For This Useful Post: