View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #557
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Swift View Post
We just ordered HBO last month, so we went through Westworld in the last couple of weeks. Outside of the initial premise (I'd seen the original movie) I knew nothing about it and I'm glad it stayed that way. We had absolutely no knowledge of any of the fan theories out there - didn't figure out the Bernard reveal until the moment it happened, nor the Arnold reveal until that happened, but did figure out the timeline/William/Man in Black stuff when the photo showed up a second time. (I'm surprised some people did catch on to this stuff earlier) I think it was much more enjoyable this way. I think it would've been a wholly different experience already having some suspected foreknowledge of where the story might be going.
I just finished Westworld last night, and I also didn't know anything and didn't check this thread until after watching, and I'm glad I did! The reveals were all shocking to me and who I was watching with - guess we're not eagle eyed and can't catch all the little hints.

I think my experience with the show would have been dramatically different if I had watched as this aired and followed this thread. Some of you were really on top of things early on! I think for the next season, and for the next season of Game of Thrones, I'm just going to stay out of these threads altogether. I'll probably enjoy the shows more that way.

In a way, I suppose this reinforces Netflix's way of releasing shows, as you're not going to be able to analyze everything to death when it's all out in one go.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote