View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #256
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
In what way have they purposely misled the audience? This is all speculation.
I think they are intentionally dropping in some ambiguity and red herrings. I think they are trying to confuse the audience about the time loops a bit, so that we become a little lost in the plot, just like the bots. We will have to wait and see if any sort of upcoming reveal will make it worth it. I'm lowering my expectations a bit. I don't expect any big late season reveal will be all that satisfactory, especially when we are all speculating and waiting for it.

I really don't think that there is a 30 year gap between events depicted on the show. Early on we learned that early bots were a lot more mechanical and less convincing. We also learned that they change up the stories frequently. We have seen MIB and William interact with Delores as she is acting out the exact same story. So I assume that at a minimum, the events are all within a couple of years. I have resigned that they may not depict the same day/week as suggested by order the scenes are presented to the audience. But if they 'drop the bomb' that William is in the park 30 years prior, that just doesn't follow from the other exposition, and I'd be disappointed I'd watched a show that was so sloppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall
My theory is that Arnold found a way to move his consciousness into the machines. That's what's in the maze. The maze is either a prison or a security barrier for Arnold.

The MIB is searching for it, because he wants to cheat death by moving out of his aging body and into a machine.
I think that is exactly it. In this past episode, Ford hints that the MIB has some anxiety about finding the centre of the maze quickly. And it was suggested that MIB is super rich. If anyone could afford to upload his consciousness to a host, he can.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote