View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #22
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers Nose View Post
You are so wrong and just have to read up a bit more on the benefit of PEDs.

When you are 20% less fatigued you can execute much better. The skill arguement is a red herring.

Of course when Real Madrid or Rafa Nadal are implicated in blood doping activities it gets hushed. KHL? Not so much.
I'm aware of the benefit of PEDs, it's a small part of my overall point. I don't think the NHL cares about players being 20% less fatigued because the advantage is not significant enough to be apparent to the naked eye.

We assume NHL players are doping at a higher rate than being caught because doping seems to exist in all pro sports, but until that advantage becomes too much to ignore, what reason does the NHL have to tighten up their controls? They're a business, a doping scandal is bad for business. They aren't being looked at by outside eyes and their players aren't getting caught with any regularity at international events. To the NHL, it's under control.

The NHL to UFC comparison isn't valid because one is an individual combat sport, and one is an on-ice team sport. Unless it's team-wide, the effects of doping have a much lower implication on an NHL game than a UFC fight.

Last edited by PepsiFree; 07-25-2017 at 01:47 PM.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote