View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #18
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlame View Post
I've never been able to understand nor do I think I ever will the "graphics" argument. I don't see any reason to buy a game other than gameplay. Nothing else wouldn't even be remotely close in my decision.

Would I quit watching my favorite show if for some reason I only had a TV that was inferior to my old one. NOT a chance.

The logic of it is pretty simple. No matter what the graphics are or what system it is if the game is fun to play then I'll play it. Meanwhile it could have the greatest graphics of any game out there by a huge margin and if it's a boring game then adios.

I play games to play games -- there is NO other valid reason.
They don't make or break games, but it helps. When judging whether I enjoy a game or not, I take the whole package into consideration. Ultimately gameplay is a deciding factor, but other things such as graphics, sound, etc. either add to or detract from the overall enjoyment of the game.

I guess everyone is different where they place the importance of graphics, but for me I place enough emphasis on it so that it does affect my overall decision of how much I enjoy a game. I know for a fact games like Final Fantasy would be less fun for me if they didn't have the amazing graphics that they do. Well, its actually more of their artistic style that I like, but graphics help bring out that artistic style.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote