View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #96
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The episodes just continually get more powerful and powerful. Like I mentioned before, it's like an extension of the movie...but at the same time, it's not. The characters and dialogue are just fantastic, and I feel so ridiculously spoiled to have this series follow True Detective in such close succession.

The one thing that kind of struck me as too obvious in terms of TV convention was Molly checking out the dryer after coming to a quasi-revelation concerning Lester. She immediately went to the basement and began exploring the back of the dryer, and it just screamed of conventialist drama plot. Irritating, but the rest of the episode didn't seem to suffer.

Malvo continues to be an incredible character. The writers and directors need to extend a slight bit, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Thornton contend for an Emmy in the near future should his character carry over into future seasons. I think McConaughey runs away with it this year.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: