Old 10-19-2016, 06:54 AM   #195
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
the save was incredible

tale of two halves really

hit the post twice in the first half and had 2 or 3 other half chances, plus scored on a pass that was rightfully called back inches offside, then Leverkusen pressed up and went for it in the 2nd half

Spurs did have chances to make something on the break but couldn't pick the right pass, I would have brought N'Koudou on earlier for some speed to counter

either way a point was good. 2nd place in the group with 2 of 3 games left at Wembley and the away game is shortest travel just to Monaco
Spurs are in good shape I think, obviously depending on how things go at Wembley. I also was a little surprised not to see N'Koudou (and I am surprised we haven't seen more of him at times in general because he adds an element that not many others bring). I thought that Spurs were better with Janssen there to hold up and create chances that way as well.

The troubling thing for Spurs in general isn't new though. They play a great first half and let teams hang around. That was the problem yesterday where for one reason or another they didn't score. We saw it this weekend against WBA as well. Its one thing to say "they got unlucky" and when it happens once or twice, it is probably the case, but when it happens more often its more concerning. I don't know if the other teams adjust at half and Spurs just don't or what the issue is, but it seems to me to be a running trend.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote