View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 02:23 AM   #1598
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
It doesn't matter what resources he has at his disposal. The game has passed him by and he hasn't the technical nous to adapt. He pretty much wasted $150m during the summer to build a team that is poorer than it was last season.

He has built a team without a spine, a team without any strength in midfield, and as for the defence....what defence.

He won't accept any dissenting views. He has seen to it that anyone with an opinion is cast out of the club and he has no leaders on the pitch. He hasn't had a strong captain since Vieira and when a player does show passion (Alexis), he is thrown under the bus.

The problems at the club go wayyyyy beyond what is spent or not. I personally don't want him spending another cent of our resources because I don't trust him to do so wisely.
Morally superior, tactically inferior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
It's not that anyone is aiming for 4th, but really only one team is going to win it.
There is a difference between 'competing for the title and at least finishing in the top 4' and 'being out of the title race by March but coming from behind to win a Top 4 trophy'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
That being said, if he is staying on, I am hoping for some major changes in the transfer window to redefine the team.
This is probably one of the scarier prospects. If a ton of money is spent, can we really trust him to spend it well? Also, the major changes are probably going to be limited to losing the only two World Class players we have left.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote