Thread: Iggy jersey
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's hard to tell without seeing it in person, but it looks like a legit authentic jersey.

The usual tell-tale signs:
  • Are the flags stitched rather than just a graphic applied to the fabric? The Alberta flag looks like the coat of arms is embroidered onto a blue piece of fabric, which is how the authentics are done. The fakes and replicas just have the flag graphic applied to a white piece of fabric.
  • Is the logo assembled from a black layer stitched to a white layer, stitched to a yellow layer, or is the white just the stitching between the black and yellow layers? Again, it looks layered, which would indicate it's real.
  • At the bottom of the side panel, the black portion should be one solid piece on an authentic. On the fakes and replicas, the black piece has a slit in it.
  • The fight straps on the fakes are smaller than on the authentics. The authentic ones are 2 inches wide. When looking at the jersey from behind, you can see where the fight strap is attached to the jersey. On the authentics, you'll see a smaller rectangle with an X through the middle holding the strap in place, then a larger rectangle around that to really keep it secure. The fakes only have the smaller rectangle.

Again, without seeing close-up photos or actually seeing it in person, it's hard to say for sure, but it looks legit to me. I also don't see any obvious problems with the name and numbers.

I'm not in the market for another jersey, and it's not my size, but if it's a fake, it's the best one I've ever seen. IMO, anyone who gets it for $50 is likely getting a great deal.