View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 08:17 PM   #623
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
So what is Chuck's game here? He clearly wants to get past his "illness", but is it for himself, or so he can stick it to Jimmy without the stigma of it? Howard throws out the "Jimmy will screw up" line, which makes me think Chuck is not going to quit until his brother is ruined.

Do we also get some foreshadowing of Howard in a car accident while drinking when he says he is fine to drive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
My wife gasped when Howard said he was fine to drive. Unless it's a red herring, it will come into play.

Gilligan is more of a Chekhov's Gun rather than Red Herring kind of guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Could be in a few months Howard dies and Chuck is suddenly in charge of HHM, free of his mental issues and on the warpath. Which would suck, because Howard is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I had the same "oh" reaction. These writers never really mention extraneous stuff just to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
I thought Chuck was going to report Howard to the police for drunk driving as he was pissed he wouldn't go at Jimmy anymore, and wanted him out of the picture so he could continue down that road.
I am so interested by Chuck and his mental state.

Following the trial, he is struggling with many emotions. Shame at having his illness seen by his peers in the law and by his ex-wife. He's feeling betrayed by the law, by Jimmy, by Kim, by his ex-wife and by Howard, who routinely tried to put the breaks on this and in Chuck's clouded mind, may be part of the reason the case failed. He's feeling confusion about his illness and perhaps some shame or embarrassment there as well. The construct of his illness was just exposed, and he is having a difficult time reconciling not being able to 'feel' the battery.

His animus to Jimmy might be approaching blind rage.

I think he dropped a dime on Howard driving drunk.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote