View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 12:50 AM   #49
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
Well he has a pretty good chance of being correct doesn't he?

I think he's probably not an NHL calibre player, that happened to go on a good run.
He said at best. That implies forever and always. I think Hathaway has a good chance of becoming an integral 4th liner for us. IMO he's better than many of the 4th line grinders the Flames have employed over the past 20 years. Hathaway is a prototypical energy grinder. Love it when he's in the lineup. He's basically a better version of Bouma IMO. Finishes his checks, irritates the opposition, plays with energy and speed. Plays 1st line on the farm team and is an impact player down there.

He most certainly is going to be an NHL player IMO. Buying out Bouma makes room for him. One flaw in your lineup analysis (as often happens in the summer) is you assume everyone is healthy. Another flaw in your lineup analysis is that Jankowski is a top 3 line centre and thus not competing against Hathaway for a 4th line winger role. I think it would be bad for Jankowski's development to be on the 4th line at all. Because of that if we're ever completely healthy (which is unlikely) then Janko may have to go back down to the farm. I think Hathaway will dress for the majority of the season. 13th/14th forward at best implies he'll be a consistent healthy scratch. I just don't see that happening. I've got him pencilled in on the 4th line. IMO Freddy Hamilton is more of a 13th/14th forward than Hathaway is.

Guess we'll see but I think with Bouma bought out it's Hathaway's 12th forward spot to lose. Every team needs that energy, grinding player who breathes life into the game and I think Hathaway is that guy for us. Really excited to see him win a full time spot.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: