View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 08:25 AM   #89
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
^ Wow, 120mm is an insane amount of money! So if that works then what have they spent during this window? Must be nearing 200?
around 185-190 I believe. Ibra was free, Mkhitaryan cost around €30-35m and Bailly €32m plus bonuses. But they'll surely sell a few players too and that should get the net sum down considerably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Pogba's first choice is Real so if he goes to United just because they offer more, I'd be worried that's gonna be Di Maria all over again.
my fear too. But if he stays for 2-3 years and then goes to Real for even more money, I think United still pull the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
How can purchasing clubs agree to terms with players before selling clubs agree to a fee or give their consent? Consent may be given in certain cases but it seems like a good share of transfer rumours have the negotiations taking place backwards.
officially you agree a fee first, yes. But it makes no sense to negotiate a fee only to find out afterwards that the player doesn't even want the move. So realistically, you gauge the player's interest beforehand through the agents. So you agree rough numbers with the agent, let the clubs agree a fee and then hammer out the details with the player.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: