View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #12
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
Outlook.com accounts have no space limit I believe. if you already have one, you can use a desktop client (e.g. MS Office Outlook), hook it up to both Shaw and Outlook.com, and then simply drag emails from the Shaw folder(s) to Outlook.com to move them over. they'll be accessible from any of your devices and you'll have Microsoft's infinitely larger infrastructure handling all the storage and searching tasks.

back in the day, it made sense for ISPs to offer add-ons like email accounts, web pages and online storage for customers. but now that giant cloud providers can do all those things on a vastly bigger scale for free, Shaw probably has little to no motivation to maintain their version of these services. they would probably love to shut them down if it didn't piss off the remaining customers that still used those addresses.
Thanks for the suggestion...ultimately this is my plan. As some of the things i'm dealing with have potential legal ramifications I just don't want to lose the original format (send/receive stamps) until these matters are resolved. I'm sure it would likely work just fine, but i'm just not wanting to take the risk right now.

Do appreciate you guys coming up with solutions, but you're also totally killing my dream of the little guy making big bad shaw submit!