View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #261
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama64 View Post
Main reason I never bothered with Arena (aside from twitchyness of the experience in general).

Hopefully rated BG's mean there will be some leveling of the playing field. I'm terrible at PVP so I almost never bother with it. No matter what class I play with, I'm killed within 5 seconds by an enemy.

Heck, even in WG playing as horde (we tend to have 8-10 stacks of tenacity) I get CC'd into oblivion and destroyed within 5 seconds by 50 alliance. I can use a trinket to pop out of one, but it's ultimately futile. Not the best game design...
If it is 50 on 1 then I should hope you die fast :P Heh.. I understand where you are coming from. WoW PVP can be terribly frustrating. Any time it is a fair fight survivability is high for almost every class, when the odds tip even slightly though it is just a blow up. That is how the game is deisgned. That is why in most cases, unless you are playing terribles, in 3s if one of your team dies you might as well leave the arena. It is a game design flaw but it comes with the high scaling of gear every 3 months..

I enjoy games where skill can win you a 3 on 1 if you play if your cards right. I can survive a 3 on 1 with my druid healing, but I have zero chance of killing the others. WOW any competent 3 people should be able to just blow up a DPS and ultimately mana drain a healer into oblivion.

In a game like DAOC or UO it wasn't un common to find myself in a 3 on 1 or 6 on 2 fight and come out the victor.. in WOW unless I drastically out gear the opponents this will not happen.