View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #78
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i was over visiting my folks this morning.

my mom said something like, 'i'll be right back... just want to go do my hair' (or something along those lines). it was perfect - a couple minutes alone with my dad, so i grabbed the anniversary cards i picked up and we chose one for him to sign.

the cover said "soul mates. when two hearts beat as one"
inside said "to my love, my heart, my one and only... happy anniversary"

thankfully my dad was lucid enough that he was able to sign it "all my love. ed"

i almost broke down but kept it together. i told him that i'd hold onto it for now and get it back to him right before their anniversary, since he usually doesn't know what day of the week it is or the current date. he was fine with that.

then he wanted to know what he owed me for the card - ha! i laughed and told him not to worry, i got it this time.

a couple minutes later my mom was back in the living room so i went and grabbed my goalie mask. last week i went to visit my air brusher/painter and had him add my dad's initials to my mask. i think dad thought it was pretty neat since i've already got my two kids names on the mask. my mom had to leave the room - she was tearing up pretty bad - but i know she loves it

it wasn't a long visit today (my dad can't take long visits - just no energy) but it was just great to see him and for him to see my kids again. he just loves their smiles and they make him laugh - so that's a win in my books