View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #318
rednex50
Draft Pick

[QUOTE=Johnny Rotten;3584243]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednex50 View Post
Did I not say that you would love Howse once he got his feet under him in the New Year?

Yes you did. Now can you predict that he'll stay in shape this summer and make a push for the big club at training camp?
I predict that as long as Howse does not have a serious injury, he will come back in great shape. I don't think he'll spend much time in PG, but instead mostly Calgary and Chilliwack areas to keep up on his life transformation, and keep up on his on-ice and off-ice workout regimes. Calgary needs him to step up. Everyone was talking about the lack of depth in Calgary's system during the road to the NHL Trade Deadline. One of his best bud's is a WHL O/A Previously Drafted Free Agent, and in years past the 2 worked out together as each tried to push the other. I can see them doing that yet again. Another of his buds is currently on the Flames team...and those 2 will push each other.

Howse is probably the 3rd most talented players to play for the Bruins (Moller and Sundher), but Moller was too small to play a gritty style and Sundher can be a bit of a loose cannon from time to time. Howse may not be blessed with the wheels of Sundher or Moller, but he has great vision (probably better than those 2), can fight, great hands...but ultimately will do whatever it takes to win. I think you all saw that when he accepted Ward's punishment, worked his ass off, ate his humble pie and came back with his lunch box in his hand. If Josh Aspenlind is considered the "ultimate Chilliwack Bruin", arguably Ryan has to be #2 because of the intangibles he plays with (backchecking, hits, faceoffs, willing to play any roll, willing to stand up for his mates and willing to carry a team on his back). Kinda reminds me of a younger Iginla if you ask me
rednex50 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rednex50 For This Useful Post: