View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #308
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got back from the game. The Heat lost 4-1 this afternoon. It was a bit of a frustrating one to watch. The Heat had absolutely no heart, no passion, and no enthusiasm - just as Troy Ward expressed in his post-game interview.

That's not to say the whole team didn't have heart because there were a few, but in general they didn't play near hard enough.

The Good:

- Again, Nemisz was the best player on the ice, with Bancks being a close second. Those two were the biggest standouts this afternoon. They're the best forwards on the PK each night. Bancks brings so much energy to every shift. Nemisz had an excellent chance in the first period ringing one off the post on a short-handed chance where Bancks hustled hard to create a 2 on 1 rush. Nemisz has certainly improved his skating. I think the thing that stands out most for me is his skating style hasn't changed, but he's making the most of each stride... if that makes sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he's more efficient in his skating.
- Howse played very well again today. I'm just so surprised at his defensive abilities. He saved a sure goal today with a backcheck where he lifted a Stars player's stick just in time. He also hits everything that moves. Unfortunately he was on a line with Leblond and Desbiens, but he fit in well and got a couple of chances.
- Patterson had his typical high-energy, hard-hitting game. I can never say I'm not impressed with his game. He brings what he's supposed to bring and he does it fairly well every game. Today he was impressive.
- Irving played well considering he had to make that tough transition from the NHL-style to the AHL-style. I think one goal he could've had. It just snuck under his glove, but overall, his defense left him out to dry a number of times.
- Leblond was doing his job to the best of his abilities, but no one wanted to fight him. Lots of talking from the Stars, but no backing it up.
- Wilson played very well today as well. He had the only goal of the game and he did everything he could to create some offence. He was starting and joining in rushes. The whole team just couldn't beat the Stars' D.

The Bad:

- Really, there's only two bad things today: a) as I mentioned before, there was no heart, no passion, and no enthusiasm. If they added some of those things, I think it would've been a different game; and b) the vets didn't come to play. Desbiens, Walter, Kolanos, and Jessiman just didn't come to play today. They were sort of just floating around, going through the motions.
- Sundays have not been good to the Heat. They are now 0-4-1 on Sunday afternoon games.

Let's hope they get it going Tuesday morning in which the puck drops at 10:30 AM PST. The last time the Heat had a 10:30 AM game it was in San Antonio and they won 5-0. Hopefully they do that well again.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post: