View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #304
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting article on Greg Nemisz. Dan Kinvig basically talks about how the main difference between the 10/11 Nemisz and the 11/12 Nemisz is his overall fitness.

Link: http://www.abbynews.com/sports/heat/news/140731423.html

Quote:
During his junior days, Nemisz was part of one of the greatest teams in Canadian junior hockey history – his Windsor Spitfires won back-to-back Memorial Cups in 2009 and 2010. But those long playoff runs and subsequent short off-seasons limited his summer workout time.

After the Heat missed the post-season last spring, Nemisz threw himself into his workout regimen, and the sweat investment has translated to the ice.
Quote:
Ward said he was encouraged when training camp rolled around, and Nemisz showed up having shed "a little bit of baby fat."

"It wasn't until this last summer that he really changed physically, which has allowed him to have a better start here," Ward analyzed.

"(Former Heat head coach) Jim (Playfair) played him a lot here last year, which he deserved, but his body couldn't handle those minutes. This year, he's been able to handle those minutes because of his physical conditioning. That's allowed him to be a better player."
Great news to hear this. I've personally noticed a huge difference in Nemisz. I noticed him last season because he was ALWAYS on the ice. Playfair used him in every situation and he looked alright. This year, he looks great in all the roles he is given. For such a big guy, he's shifty and great with the puck. He can move so well in such small spaces, such as along the boards and in tight along the net.

I think Nemisz's future looks bright. Especially if he improves even more on his skating because he certainly has the skill set.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post: