Thread: Injuries
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #10
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had the exact same injury. 16 months ago it happened to me and just yesterday was the first time I could do a pushup without pain.

I hurt it playing hockey and it wasn't that bad so I finished the game. In fact I played the next two games to finish up the season. I tried working out (see the DDPYoga thread) but certain movements were too hard, including the push ups. I almost immediately started playing summer ball hockey. I didn't give my shoulder a rest until this time last year. My shoulder slowly got worse. The rest helped but I did heavy lifting during the first week of September and my shoulder wasn't ready for it. Then ice hockey started again.

Now, I'm lucky that my wife is a physio because she can treat me at home and was doing so. But what held me back was not taking proper time to rest my shoulder. I stopped working out and only played hockey. It took me until late January to get my shot back. It wasn't until I completely gave up on working out, aside from hockey, thatI was feeling satisfied with the progress of my healing.

I've been working out again for the last three weeks because I took time to rest my shoulder. I did only walking or running on the treadmill for April through June. I rested my shoulder and it finally got better.

Two things helped me heal; physiotherapy and proper rest. Physio was helping but it wasn't until I rested my shoulder that healing finally took off. So rest your shoulder!!!

It will be frustrating and will take time but it will heal.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote