Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 04:10 PM   #230
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Anyone else's Shaw internet been acting weird lately? I recently got the New Hitron modem as well as a whole new internet plan and modem, so isolating it will be impossible.

Basically sometimes, things like Youtube videos, some web pages, wont start loading or will load a bit and then stop buffering all together. Even when that happens I'll run a speedtest which always nets me ~34Mbps (internet 30) with fine ping.

I've got the Hitron modem on their equivalent of bridge mode, an Archer C7 router, and the computer in question is hard-wired.
Sounds similar to what I'm experiencing but on an older Motorola cable modem. My internet will randomly freeze/disconnect. But after it recovers, speed test will show a 18-22 Mbit speed test. (I'm on internet 20 so these are reasonable). Wired is no problem. It's wifi that's all funky.

Shaw believes it's channel interference, but booked an appointment for me to send a repair guy over to look at the modem.

Shaw told me to reset the modem by poking the reset button on the back then monitoring the radio channels for interference until I find a channel that works ok. They can look at the radio channel info so I'd actually try tweaking those channels before asking someone to show up and take a look. You can probably BS checking all the channels if your radio channel isn't on "auto" as I believe they don't have the history of changes on your modem, just can pull up settings info in real time.

I'll chat with the repair guy on Saturday (appointment) and try to get more info and hints about what might be going on.

How old is your cable modem? Mine is 3.5 ish years old.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: