View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #36
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootchiebootchies View Post
I agree with everything you said but I'm also a non-white dude from Canada. I think there are many southern whites who truly do feel like their history and identity are being taken away. The removal of Confederate flags and statues and monuments is happening. Public parks and schools and streets and other institutions named after heroes of the Confederacy are being renamed. No doubt some of those protesting these changes are racists but many of those have valid concerns about their history being erased. It wouldn't surprise me if there are many protesters tonight who believe slavery was a terrible wrong but also have revered ancestors who fought for the Confederacy and just feel political correctness has gone too far.
Confederates were racist traitors. There should have never been statues to begin with. Their history deserves to be erased, mocked, looked down upon, etc. At a time when the world was progressing in regards to human rights, those people were so backwards that they started a war to try and defend such a shameful situation. The fact that we are still dealing with it shows that they should have been treated more harshly after the war for their treason.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post: