View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 12:06 AM   #46
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I met with Foothills today and here's what I found out about their "Show Up Ship Out" deal for games. $15 gets you a ticket to a Foothills game, a pint of Barnacle (think that's the Ship's house beer) and a bus ride to and from the game. So far they are doing this May 27 and June 26, and my understanding is that they will book buses as demand comes up. If we can get at least a bus full of supporters I think the supporters culture may get noticed here in Calgary.

The Facebook invite is here. https://www.facebook.com/events/1022131094548309/

A beer gardens is confirmed at Glenmore. Also, the Perogy Boyz food truck will be at the games, and there is another food truck (forgot the name unfortunately) that will be there in the one game Perogy Boyz cannot make it. There is also a production company that is planning on working with the club on game day videos / interviews, including potential drone footage of games, although that is very experimental.

In preseason news, Foothills has played games against FC Edmonton academy (NASL), WSA Winnipeg (PDL) , Thunder Bay Chill (PDL) and a Winnipeg selects team and won all 4 by a combined score of 23-0.
Thanks for the updates Sherm! I'm still disappointed that I can't make the home opener, but I'll be there for the rest of the games. Beer gardens, food to shove down our gobs every game (instead of counting on those guys bringing the BBQ like last year), this is already sounding good! Also, it caught the attention of some people that apparently the season tickets are the same price as last year for the whole season, but there's an extra game in there. I can't wait until the 29th!