View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #13
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Once again Lambert defines tremendous stupidity.

By his logic for example the Oilers window slams shut at the end of this year, especially if Draisaitl signs a 9 million dollar deal.

Why?

Because they don't have a great supporting cast, prospect wise they're weak. Outside of their vunderkind they don't develop prospects all that well.

You could argue that their strength is in net, but realistically that's because they had to ride Talbot to a miracle season in terms of game and play, but they really don't have a good backup in Broissent.

They also have a some really poor contracts in place long term.

With Calgary's core group, you can argue that they are going to get more bang for their buck cap wise. Gio, Brodie, Hamonic, Gaudreau, Hamilton, and Monahan all have what I believe to be high value good bargain contracts.

They have Bennett, MT for example as possible great young players in their lineup.

They have a solid prospect base with some of the kids pushing for the NHL this year, and more to follow.

They have Stajan coming off of the books after this year and he'll probably be replaced by a cheaper contract which gives the Flames some options in terms of lineup enhancements.

He talks about Smith being average, but I would think that being average playing behind the Coyotes is actually very good, plus he makes saves in high quality areas. Last year we bought in Elliot who was maybe sheltered behind that St Louis defense a little better then we thought.

I would think because of the current contract situation that the Flames are in, their window can stay open for a lot longer then this moron thinks.

The only contract that really worries me right now is Backlund, but if we get something under 6 aav then its a strong value contract.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: