Thread: [News] Lack Eager To Get Started
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 12:26 AM   #19
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but, what else would you expect him to say? While I will concede that perhaps he really wanted to be here, or perhaps it was the best offer he was given.

Same with his thoughts on sigalet - once again I will conceded that perhaps he is a great goalie coach - but once again, what else is lack going to say.

I am not going to put much stock in what a player does or does not say in the media. The ultimate proof is on the ice.
He could have just said the usual platitudes that you hear players saying when they change teams: 'good future', 'excited to be a part', 'looking forward to starting fresh'.

This was a bit more than that. Maybe Lack is way more exuberant than other players are, but the fact that he went and singled-out Sigalet as someone to actually mention by name leads me to believe that Sigalet is probably more highly thought of league-wide than most fans seem to be aware of. He didn't need to mention him at all. In fact, when was the last time you ever heard of a recently acquired goalie going out of his way and giving a shout-out to the goalie coach? I never have personally anyways.

I myself was very surprised he mentioned Sigalet, and I do think that it shows something. Not a single out-going goalie has blamed Sigalet for anything, and now an incoming goalie who is looking forward to working with Sigalet. It doesn't mean that much, but it is probably some insight into Sigalet's reputation around the league.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: