View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Do you think this team's core has Stanley Cup potential?

I think so, but it seems that when discussing the up and coming teams to take the torch from the Penguins' and the Blackhawks' of the world, the most popular responses usually seem to be along the lines of 'Edmonton and Toronto alone at the top'. Not only those two, but we usually rank below Winnipeg and Buffalo as well, and I've even just recenly seen a poll where Columbus was killing Calgary when asked to project their future's.

We don't have that dynamic franchise 1C, but we definitely do have:

- Our quiet, but effective 1C in Sean Monahan (13th in scoring amongst all centerman in the last 3 seasons)

- We have two players that have played and thrived on the top pairing under the age of 27 in Dougie Hamilton and TJ Brodie (could add Travis Hamonic too depending on next season)

- We have two franchise wingers in Matthew Tkachuk and Johnny Gaudreau

- We have a current selke caliber, possession god boderline #1C in Mikael Backlund (36th in scoring amongst centerman: ahead of MacKinnon, Couture, Kopitar, Horvat etc)

- And then a plethora of promising youngsters that have impact player potential in: Bennett, Jankowski, Parsons, Gillies, Valimaki, Kylington, Andersson, Fox...

I think we're massively underrated and have just as good a future as any team in the league, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm looking at things with Flaming C tinted glasses.

What are your thoughts?
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Love For This Useful Post: