View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 09:29 AM   #5791
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I’m also not sure why you would want to reframe Oct 7 as a legitimate declaration of war as opposed to a terrorist attack. Are we saying Hamas aren’t terrorists and Oct 7 wasn’t a terrorist attack now, just so we can use the war crimes label instead?

Seems insane.
Because if you were not to allow that Palestine is an entity separate from Israel, then this is similar to what China did to the Urghers (sp), attacking a group internal to their own country, to which the world had very little response except for very careful condemnation.

I'm not reframing anything, as I've mostly abandoned this thread because the posts are very tribal. I'm asking about whether this is considered a war, or if this is three groups in people's minds. Hamas, Israel and Palestine (or four, IDF).

If Hamas is separate from Palestine, the questions that arise about liberation from them are more interesting than half the posts in here. Would Palestine taking an active role in their removal stop the war?