Old 03-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #30
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
I love Wim Hof!

I saw him in Vancouver last year.
I did the Wim Hof Method (WHM) and it was a really incredible experience, I ended up doing a number of things with my body that I didn't think was possible: Held my breathe for over 3 minutes w/ near empty lungs, did 30 pushups w/ held breathe and near empty lungs (I got long arms too), barefoot runs in the snow, long cold showers every day for weeks, etc. After I had finished the method I was surprised with how good my lung capacity was, the method lasts 3 months and has very little cardio activities, but afterwards I was able to run for an hour without a big drop in pace and still had energy afterwards.

It really seemed to help with my crohn's disease, the WHM is promoted as being of the greatest benefit to IBD sufferers and I would agree. I even have blood work showing dramatic improvements from before and after doing the WHM. I asked my doctor about this and he said that intent and meditation are powerful tools for healing and wouldn't doubt that the WHM factored into the improvements to my health, but we can't be sure to what degree.

I'd say the cornerstones of the WHM is the breathing techniques / meditation and cold showers, which is why still do them at least 5 days a week.

Fun Fact: Wim Hof also does intermittent fasting, he claims to only eat one giant meal a day.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post: