View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #32
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
FF3(6) and Chrono Trigger are amazing. I can compare them to a ton of newer RPG's and they still come out smelling like a rose. The music was amazing in both games, and there is nothing wrong with 16 bit graphics IMO .

Others I would think belong on the list would be Shadowrun, Ogre Battle as already mentioned, Pokemon, Secret of Mana, and the Suikoden games.
Shadowrun was epic. Put so many hours into that game and finished it.
Suikoden was great too. The later ones in the series were kind of crappy, but I enjoyed 1,2 and 3.

FF3 is simply the best RPG of all time IMHO. So many characters, skills and options, such a good story, memorable villians.

It also had so many different Easter egg type things in it (getting Edgar's Chainsaw from the clock) - certain items you could only get from stealing from certain monsters. I feel newer games generally lack this type of thing.

With Esper leveling, you could completely customize your character's stats and turn them into Gods. I think I pumped Edgar's magic power in the game by 5-6x what his base was, his "Ultima" did 9999 with up to 8 targets.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaramonLS For This Useful Post: